A Little Taste of Freedom...

I have not been out of the house on my own since Little P's birth. Sure, we'd gone to appointments and run some minor errands, but to be out on my own and actually driving by myself was so exhilirating for me! I wasn't going out to shop or have lunch or anything FUN like that. I was actually meeting my supervisor from work to discuss when I would be coming back to work. Truthfully, I didn't feel that Little P was ready for me to go back to work. I was emotionally ready, but not physically. Besides being sleep deprived, my body was still quite sore (yes, even after all this time!) from the labor & delivery and I couldn't imagine having to sit on my bum at work for hours at a time.
Our conversation went very well. I suggested another 2 weeks of time off and then going into work for one full day and one half day to start off with. Our organization just went through some major changes and responsibilities are being shifted and reassigned. As of now, my hours are minimal, but by July or so, I'll start back to three days a week. Yikes, that only gives me a couple of months to find a trustworthy daycare source!
As I glanced at my watch, I realized my time was up. I had to go back home and relinquish my freedom. It was fun while it lasted. It was a nice reprieve from baby duty.

No comments:

Post a Comment