Phew! It's Not Me in the Hospital Gown!

For the first time in our history of being together, I've never seen my husband in a hospital gown (thank goodness!). RT was scheduled to have knee surgery for a torn meniscus in his left knee--not from any particular incident, but from normal wear-and-tear.
While the surgery was an outpatient procedure and done arthroscopically, we still were not sure what was in store for us. The surgery was very successful and the doctor didn't find anything unusual. He was very confident that RT would feel so much better once he was healed.
We had my mom come over to help watch P during the day of the surgery and in case I needed additional hands taking care of the "patient".
Well, the "patient" was up and walking when I picked him up! He was up and around the same evening and was very surprised that he was feeling so well and in not much pain at all. By the following day, it was like he never had surgery and was even walking around at the park! Wow! He makes such a better patient than I did!
All joking aside, I'm so glad that he's okay and feels good. The road to recovery should be promising and he'll back in the water in no time!

Looking spiffy in that hospital gown!

Post-op and very coherent!

Up and around in no time!

No comments:

Post a Comment