Surprise Sis!

Debbie and her family (she was my master teacher once upon a time!)

My niece, her husband, and sweet little girl!

My sis's boss and lovely wife!

Dad making his rounds.

Cupcakes!

Gotcha!

Little nephew and bro-in-law.

Mom and RT with drink in hand!

Three generations!

And now the 4th generation has arrived! Looking great Granny!

Aw! Siblings can't get enough of each other!

Guests enjoying the montage of the birthday girl!

Miss P with her Aunt Ne-Ne!
My brother-in-law threw a surprise birthday for my sister the weekend before her 40th birthday. Man, was this ever so complicated to try to keep this from her! The hard part was to not tell her that we were coming into town. We were a little nervous that she was going to stop by my parents' house even though we told her that my parents were coming over to Morro Bay with her oldest son. The second hardest part was trying to convince my dad and nephew as well. Dad was confused, wondering why he and Mom were going to Morro Bay (the plan we told my sister), and my nephew is whining that he didn't want to go to Morro Bay. Hello! People, that's the fake plan! Sheesh!
RT and I had about 2 days to throw together a video montage of her first 40 years. It was fun gathering all the photos from throughout the years. We were able to segment the footage into decades and RT chose some great music representing each decade. He did such a great job and in such a short time! We hope she liked it as much as we did putting it together.
The funniest part about this whole surprise was when all of us were waiting at the restaurant and she calls and says, we're here (at a different restaurant) eating some chips and salsa. We all looked at each other and said, "What?????" We thought maybe she did know about this surprise and was fooling us all!
We had a great time. I hope when I turn 40, I'll look as good as my Sis! (Yes, it's just around the corner for me!)

1 comment:

  1. Yes I was definitely surprised! And absolutely loved my montage! Thanks so much ~ love you guys!

    ReplyDelete