Oh Scrap! It's My Job

Over the years, I had many of my friends say that I should do something with my scrapbooking skills: "you should go into business" or "you're so creative" and so forth. Well, if you've ever scrapbooked (not digitally), you know how time consuming it is so I would pretty much net zero! Also, I loved to scrapbook because it helped me relax and I do love the ability to be creative without the pressure. I have enough pressure with P growing up so fast, I don't need more!
I haven't really dived into digital scrapbooking, although I'm sure I would love it. Just haven't had the time to dedicate to learning since having P.
But, I was able to take a couple 3-hour sessions of Adobe InDesign private tutorials through work from a Cal Poly professor, and now I'm hooked! I have been designing our outreach pieces and redesigned our quarterly newsletter and have gotten lots great feedback and compliments. The organization is able to save quite of bit of money doing everything in-house, so I decided to take a class to become more efficient, learn the shortcut keys, and just get a deeper understanding of the program.
So, I thought I would share with you one of my first assignments in this class. Now mind you, this is a very rudimentary design, and I'm actually a lot more advanced than this, but I had so much FUN creating this, that I find I'm more excited to share this than my professional work! I'll eventually put a digital portfolio together. Who knows, maybe this could lead to something else, but I'm not holding my breath!



1 comment:

  1. Yay! Good for you! I know you could be SO successful in this field with the right opportunity. Glad you are having fun creating and getting paid for it too!

    ReplyDelete