Embracing 40

I turned 40 this year! It's funny  how society puts so much emphasis on milestone birthdays and even birthdays at all. Everyone kept asking me what I was going to do, did I want a party, even poor hubby was stressing out on what to do. Well, the answer was simple: nothing. I do not like the spotlight. I was never into celebrating my birthday. When you have a birthday on December 23, it's hard to expect people to be around    and in the past we usually traveled somewhere.

To put my husband at ease, I told him, "It's not about what I want. It's about what you want to do for me." I hoped that took some pressure off of him.
It turns out I actually had a lot of little celebrations with great friends and family--just my style. Intimate, good food, lots of laughs, and no fanfare. My sister did break out the "40" decorations when my side of the family got together.
I have a lot of expectations for my 40's. It's nice because I don't have to make excuses anymore. I'm 40 dammit! Gotta love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment