Dahlia Daze

While RT's parents were in town, we found out that Dahlia Daze was going on. Lo and behold, the dahlia is Morro Bay's official flower! Who knew?? The Morro Bay Garden Club has recently revived this celebration that historically began back in '60's.
We decided to check it out and were pretty excited to be able to hopefully purchase some bulbs. While the displays of dahlias were absolutely gorgeous, I was really disappointed that there wasn't that much for sale, but I guess it isn't really that time of year for bulbs.
Nevertheless, it got me inspired and this fall I plan on planting more dahlias and hope that I can get some more varieties in the yard.
As a side note, my dahlias I planted this year didn't seem like they were growing. We figured out that they must be the "dwarf" variety since they are so small. Just yesterday, a red dahlia decided to bloom! "Dah-ling" it looks mah-velous!

1 comment:

  1. That is so awesome. I would have loved to have been there. The pictures are beautiful! Dahlia's happen to be one of my favorite flowers. We have a couple dinner plate dahlias growing in our front yard...pink and yellow. I hope to get more soon. :)

    ReplyDelete