Baby Luncheon TLC Style



The Land Conservancy is an established organization with a 25 year history. In all of its 25 years, though, no employee has every been pregnant. My first official day on the job, as I met with our Executive Director to go over HR policies and such, I also had to let him know that I was pregnant! TLC has never had to deal with pregnancy, maternity leave, FMLA, etc., so in a sense I am their pregnancy pioneer!
It has definitely been a treat for me to witness the growing excitement throughout the staff as my due date has gotten closer. Last week, they surprised me with a luncheon in honor of the baby. It was very low-key and fun, and I was very touched!
I work with a bunch of great people. It's definitely a smaller staff than what I was accustomed to when teaching, but the family-feeling is still there and that's what counts when you work in a positive environment!

1 comment:

  1. Great shots, but I want to see one of your belly!!!

    ReplyDelete