Real Sweet Peas

My favorite flowers are hydrangeas and sweet peas. Both are fairly easy to grow and maintain. I don't know why it took me forever to start growing sweet peas. Last year when we started our square foot garden, we planted some sweet peas. They did very well last year and continue to do so with very little maintenance. Our garden has been a little challenging lately with so many slugs being enticed with our young seedlings. RT has tried organic methods to keep the slugs at bay--putting out beer apparently does the trick!
After spending the day weeding the backyard, installing a door to the shed, reorganizing the garage, RT brought me a vase full of lovely sweet peas! I was so thrilled to see them in all their pink glory. I couldn't resist taking a few photos. How sweet it is!

No comments:

Post a Comment