A Little Girl's Dream

The time has finally come to make my girl's dreams come true. Over a year ago, we happened upon a documentary First Position which chronicled a number of children's journey to make it to a professional ballet company. The funny thing is that she was only two at the time, but was so engrossed in the movie and asked to see it again a few times. I'm not sure if that was the start of her interest in ballet, or if it comes innately with little girls at this age.
The other funny thing is that between horses and ballet, I'm not sure where she gets it! I was not infatuated with either, and try as might to not foster these interests since these are the more expensive of other hobbies, they just won't go away, for now!
As life is whizzing by and schedules are getting tighter, we finally have a break in ours and a timeframe that fits well to be able to attend a dance class. So, I enrolled her at the Academy of Dance in SLO in a combo class that introduces young children to ballet, tap, and jazz. This has been such an education for me, too, since I am having to learn what to wear and buy (ballet shoes, tap shoes, leotards, tights) plus all the French terminology (which I never studied French so pronouncing words has been a challenge!).
Miss P had no reservations going to class, unlike the challenges we faced with gymnastics. She never once looked back and was so focused on Ms. Kelly. I don't think I've ever seen anything cuter than my daughter in this ballet class! Forgive all the pictures as this is mostly for my mother who is probably waiting with bated breath to see this post! Click here for a video clip.
I think I am just as excited as P to go to dance class! 
















No comments:

Post a Comment