Pregnancy Blues

I don't want to start posting soley about baby stuff; I know there are mommy blogs out there so I'll try to spare you all my heartache, but I do need to unload. How come nobody ever talks about all the "pain and miserableness" that can accompany pregnancy? I know everyone's different, but for those women out there who say they loved being pregnant---I hate you!!!
Now, don't get me wrong, I am completely and utterly grateful and thankful that I am pregnant and have the ability to carry our baby without a surro. It's just funny because all of my pregnancy experience, up till now, has been through my friends at my surrogacy forum--so obviously the majority of that group has never carried their own baby. In their world, everything's sunshine and rainbows, and everything is so blown-out-of-proportion wonderful! That's because they didn't have to carry the baby, and I thought I would belong to that group! I can't sleep throughout the night; I can't get comfortable. I have all the pillows and lay on my side, but nothing feels good. My back hurts. I get these cramps or sharp pinches in my belly (my uterus stretching apparently). I still have headaches off and on. And, I still get the nausea at different times of the day and there is no pattern to their madness. I can't take hot baths because the temperature is not good for the baby. I can't sleep on my back because I don't want to pinch a major vein. I'm a tummy sleeper anyway, but that's out because I certainly don't want to crush anything.
Hmm...if there's anything else, I'll be sure to post it. I'm told all of this is normal. So, if anyone has any advice for me or can share some of the icky things they went through, I would love to hear about it because right now I'm feeling a pity party come on. Poor RT, everyday is so different from the next, but he's been so supportive and knows how to keep me happy (Big Stick Popsicles!!!).

No comments:

Post a Comment