3rd Grade Level Reunites Again

For lack of better words, I'm not sure how to phrase this group of friends that came back together when we were teaching 3rd and 4th grade together. So, I have referred to them as my "3rd Grade Level" friends as evident in this post back in 2011.
Anyhow, Marta, Christine, Virginia told me they were coming to visit in a couple of days. Yikes! My house is a mess and I'm not going to have any time to clean for company! We met for lunch and headed to the beach for a couple of hours.
It was very good to see all of them. We picked up where we left off...lots of laughter,giving Christine a hard time, and catching up to everyone's lives and families. The best part of seeing this group of ladies is that they are so great to my daughter. She loved being around them and especially loves the presents that Marta brings her!
I was telling this group that it's been hard making friends of this level around here. Even though we hardly talk on a day-to-day basis, we have a unique bond that puts up right back where we left off. This isn't to say that I don't have really special friends in other groups or as individuals...this is just one of those circles of friends that I am fortunate to still have.
Anyhow, our time was cut short because my daughter wanted to restart dance class on this day and Virginia said that I shouldn't encourage truancy!
Thanks for the visit, the laughter, and the love ladies!





No comments:

Post a Comment