Time in the Bay





Our friends decided to escape the valley heat and migrated our way last weekend. Kathy hadn't been to our place since last year before we started making some home improvements. I hope she saw some changes! It was a relaxing time to catch up, eat some good food, and enjoy the company. We set out to kayak the following morning. Despite all the fog and overcast days, this day turned out to be one of Morro Bay's finest with the sun gracing us with its presence and lighting up the bay (although it doesn't look so sunny in the pictures). The tandem kayak is always a good thing as it really takes a lot of the pressure off me to paddle (thanks RT!) and I rest when I get tired--which is often...ha...ha...We got out of the kayak and hiked over to the dunes. Being in that soft sand with the steep terrain was really a workout, but I pressed on because I wanted to see the other side. Turns out it was just more beach, but I did notice the guys "frolicking" in the water as if climbing up the hill was no big deal as I'm huffing and puffing and thinking, "I'm headed back."
There were a lot of sea lions and one lonely otter (it's the zoom lens---we were not that close!). After our trek, we treated ourselves (or rather our other friend, Clarence, did) to some fish and chips. The line at Giovanni's was outrageous! Everyone else had the same idea, but did they work for it? It was worth it after we all devoured our lunch! I hope Kathy and Corby had a nice time hanging out with us. Come back soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment