Conservation Reception


My partner in crime...party planners take a breather!
Finally, the last of my three big projects at work is over! Whew! Hopefully work life can slow down a little and I can focus on other things. So, this annual conservation is a pretty major deal for our organization. It's not a fundraiser. I think we're one of the rare non-profits that do not actively solicit for money during a big event. We host this event to celebrate our accomplishments from the past year and thank our donors for supporting us. We had 200+ folks show up this year along with a few of our county supervisors. Got a lot of great comments and feedback. While I actually love to do this type of event planning, it was stressful this year because I was trying to get things done beforehand and do more, but with the baby I had to forego a lot of my ideas. I'm slowly learning to let things go. This year, I was able to pull in a lot of extra help from volunteers. Our special events committee members also came through, too! And, most of all, my go-to girl, Miss Melissa was my biggest help and sanity keeper!

No comments:

Post a Comment