Our Big Get-Away Night

Our evening at the theater.

On our way home on I-5, an amazing rainbow from one end to the other!
This was our first time away from our daughter (with the exception of my short hospital stay last August). RT had a work-related thing in LA last week, and I decided to go along. We decided to fit in a trip to IKEA and a debate in the evening. We took Miss P to my folks the night prior, then drove down to LA.
It was weird to be going somewhere without her. I was actually surprised how many times my husband brought up the baby. (I don't think he was aware of this, and I found it quite cute that he kept bringing her up!). Although we were both looking forward to this "getaway", it was jam-packed with a lot to do that I didn't think we could really relax and feel like we were getting away.
In fact, our evening lasted from 5pm until close to 10pm. We didn't have time to get a bite to eat because we weren't sure how long travel time would be from our hotel to the theater. So, pre-dinner was a Snickers bar!
We got back to the hotel so late that the only places open around us were fast food joints. So, our romantic dinner was Wendy's. Since we never eat fast food, it was actually quite a treat, and we both inhaled our food--we were so hungry. Plus, who can resist a good ol' fashioned Frosty?
We didn't even get to sleep in because RT had to teach the following night so we had to travel back to my folks' house and then back to the coast.
All in all, Miss P had a wonderful time with my parents. She didn't even miss us or cry when we left! Maybe this was a good trial run for when RT and I take a real vacation? We shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment