Two Pennies on the Beach


P had the best birthday surprise, and even better for me, I did not have to arrange any kind of birthday bash. My kind of party planning! My former colleague and good friend, Marta, and her daughter Jeweleanna came over to the coast with a couple of their horses, boarded them at a nearby facility, and took us out to the beach for some horseback ridin'!
P got to ride Penny and did an amazing job. She looked so comfortable and at ease. I also got to ride Streaker (my second time on a horse), and it was a lot of fun. My first experience (in Mendocino years ago) was a little nerve-racking. Marta and Jewel's horses were so gentle and chill, so it made my experience so much more relaxing. Even RT rode for a while.
I think the best part for P, though, was to climb around in Marta's horse trailer. She loved exploring through there.
It was such a treat for Marta and Jeweleanna to come all this way just for P's birthday. They want to come back again, and I'm sure P's looking forward to it. My girl is still as horse crazy as ever. She is so proud that she has now ridden four horses and knows them all by name, Penny, Streaker, Umo, and Tosh. I have a strong feeling that she has "the bug" as equestrian friends refer to it. Now, the question is, do we continue to nourish this bug, or discourage it and hope it goes away? Neigh! Only time will tell...

No comments:

Post a Comment