Book Club Revisited

Last year, I started a book club with a friend. It started out really great with quite a few gals--in fact it seemed like there may be too many. After the first couple of meetings, things fizzled out and some started dropping out. I really enjoyed the club and the gals in it, but things in my life were just too hectic at that time. I went to Florida for a month, got pregnant, and just had too many things on my plate. I stopped going, even though I was keeping up with the reading, and finally just lost touch on it all.
One day at work, my boss and I started chatting about books and she suggested we start a book club. Since I still wanted to be involved in a book club, I was all for it! We invited all the other girls in the office to join, and after a few weeks, it was down to Wende, Kaila, and me.
We met for the first time at our house last week. I chose the book, The Help. We had such a good time! We all agreed that we wanted to read books that were more on the "lighter side" but we ended up having some pretty deep discussions about a lot of serious issues that night! So, it looks like a new club has been born!
Now, with the upcoming birth of our baby, I hope life doesn't "get in the way" and I can commit to this club. It feels good to have some female companionship again!

No comments:

Post a Comment