Cookie Craze


I have two baby showers coming up, and I thought I'd make something special for my guests. I know my hostesses are already providing favors, but I wanted to try my hand at decorating cookies anyway.
I figured I needed about 60 cookies...boy, did I not know what I got myself into. I was sick and tired of onesies and buggies after all that. It really is time-consuming, tedious, and precise! My sister-in-law started a sugar cookie business. She makes some really intricate designs. I don't know how she can do it. Kudos to her!
All in all, I thought they came out pretty decent and tasted pretty sharp, too. I used a recipe from the maven Martha Stewart (the secret ingredient is lemon, which makes everything taste so much better!).
After all the baking and icing, I had to stuff the bags and do all the handcrafting. It's not so bad when you do it in batches. What else does an 8 month-old pregnant gal have better to do?

No comments:

Post a Comment