An Addition to the VW Family


Well, the logical choice after we sold the Cooper was to get something practical for our "growing family". Now, you could take this two ways. First of all, the obvious--with the baby coming a 4-door car with lots of trunk space is a must-have. Or, to add to our VW fleet--we've got the '66
VW single cab, the '71 VW bus, and now our VW Jetta!
Since we were in Fresno for the two baby showers this past weekend, we thought it would be ideal to buy a car while there and return the one we were borrowing from my parents. How convenient and ideal would that be? After much research and debate, we looked at a couple cars after the first baby shower and did some test driving. We were really sold on one, but thought we should sleep on it, do MORE research, and come back with a strategy and a firm price.
As RT dropped me off to the second shower, he went back for negotiations. I was enjoying the baby shower and dreaded going back to the dealer for negotiating, haggling over a few dollars, and paperwork!
I called RT to come pick me up when the shower was finished. He and my hostesses loaded up the shower gifts. I walked out to the parking lot, and to my surprise and delight, there she was! RT did a great job with sticking to his guns and getting a fantastic deal. One more major thing off of our checklist.
She drives like a dream, and there is so much room, it's amazing to us after all these years with a smaller car! BONUS: The seats have a pneumatic pump feature so I can raise the seat up so I can actually see over the dashboard! What a concept!

No comments:

Post a Comment